Boiler servicing in Sheffield
are you boiler servicing in sheffield?
Having your boiler serviced on a yearly basis is essential to keep your boiler running safely and efficiently. When you have your boiler serviced by Love Your Boiler one of our gas safe registered engineers will visit your home and perform a number of service checks on your appliance.
Let’s have a look at some of the checks carried out on a modern condensing boiler serviced in sheffield recently.
Boiler servicing checklist
- Visual inspection- the boiler, flue and pipework will be visually inspected for damage, corrosion and leaks. The installation will be assessed to ensure it still meets current regulations.
- Operation checks- the engineer will fire the boiler to test the boilers controls and mode functions are working correctly.
- Combustion analyser test- a combustion gas sampling machine will be used to test the combustion gasses produced by the boiler. This will give the engineer a good indication of how clean the combustion components are. If the ratio of carbon monoxide (parts per million) to carbon dioxide (percentage) is greater than 0.0040, a full strip and clean service will be required.
- Removal of boiler casing- the boiler casing will be removed for inspection and cleaning of components.
- Condensate trap- this will be removed and cleaned as burner silt will build up, eventually causing the boiler to lockout (shutdown) as the waste condensate will not be able to escape from the combustion chamber.
- Expansion vessel(combi & system boilers only)- expansion vessels are designed to hold a static charge of 1 bar, this charge can dissipate over time so it is important to re-charge the expansion vessel. This prevents the internal bladder from failing causing a repeated drop in system pressure, which is a common issue.
- Remove fan (if above 0.0040 ratio)- remove fan so that the ventricles can be cleaned and inspected.
- Remove burner (if above 0.0040 ratio)- remove burner unit for cleaning and inspection. Replace gaskets as required by manufacturer.
- Top up system pressure- after replacing all components the system pressure will be topped up via the filling loop. The correct system pressure is 1.5 bar (when cold).
- Working pressure- the working pressure of the appliance and gas meter will be checked to ensure the boiler is being supplied with the correct volume of gas (at max rate).
- Combustion analyser test- a second analyser test will be carried out to ensure all components have been re-installed correctly and the boiler is operating safely.
- Soundness test- on completion of the service, a soundness test will be carried out on the gas installation to ensure there are no gas leaks.
- Certificate- Love Your Boiler engineers will always provide a fully completed maintenance/service record on completion of the service.
Boiler servicing in Sheffield
Below are a few images during boiler servicing in Sheffield
We hope you found this blog informative.
If you would like to book a boiler service with Love Your Boiler then contact our friendly team on…